We are looking for a passionate and talented mid to senior level cloud engineer with a strong background in software development and cloud technologies to support us in building an industry-leading peer-group identification technology.
As a cloud engineer, you will work with a world-class team to implement innovative cloud solutions. By leveraging our heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources, you will develop cloud infrastructures for our platform, support scientists in developing novel machine learning models and help developers/engineers to deploy the models in production.
This role requires pragmatic technical leadership, comfort with ambiguity and capabilities to simplify complex development and operational pipelines in the cloud through clear visual and written explanations.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating efficient cloud computing infrastructure for AI-based SaaS products. We are particularly interested in expertise regarding cloud based training and deployment of machine learning models at scale. Additionally, we seek candidates with strong rigor in cloud engineering, creativity, curiosity, and excellent judgement.
What you will be doing
- Implementing innovative cloud computing solutions and solving the most complex technical problems underlying our AI-based SaaS product in cost-effective ways
- Working with machine learning scientists/engineers and software developers on defining global best practice standards for cloud security, automation, redundancy and scalability
- Designing, testing and implementing new cloud-based solutions using these best practices
- Influencing the direction of projects, advising on cloud solution options and preparing indicative cost estimates
- Auditing existing solutions to identify optimizations and bring them in line with standards
- Helping mentor a tech team and central knowledgebase to ensure 24/7 service
- Designing and deploying cloud monitoring solutions to alert front line operations and the support team of any issues and giving clear visibility of overall systems health
- Supporting deployment of models in collaboration with machine learning scientists to integrate successful research results into the production systems
- Working closely with our developers/engineers to supply them with vital tools
What we are looking for
- Profound expertise in cloud computing concepts and design considerations
- Extensive background in AWS Cloud Architecture and DevOps CI/CD practices
- Solid working experience with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kubernetes, CloudWatch, Elastic
- Knowledge of Cloud Networking including firewalls and Security
- Demonstrable experience in leading AWS focused cloud programs
- Able to work with developers/engineers directly in a 24/7 production environment
- Experience with performance testing, tuning and optimization
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable AI and data-driven applications
- Good knowledge of coding and engineering practices with agile software processes and research-driven development
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills and being able to present complex solutions with clarity
- Flexible and responsive to spontaneous needs, challenges and opportunities, able to balance conflicting demands on time and priorities
- Highly self-organized, planned and collaborative with a strong personal drive to keep up with a productive mindset
- Continual passion to learn and apply knowledge in a methodical fashion
You might also have
- Experience in MLOps and knowledge of ML infrastructure monitoring and maintenance
- Familiarity with architectural choices for ML systems
- Prior experience working in collaboration with Machine Learning scientists/engineers and software engineers
- Knowledge of Machine Learning models in information retrieval, search, information discovery or recommender systems
- Familiarity with Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, data structures, problem-solving and diagnosis
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and you would like to learn more, please contact Muhammad Ammad-ud-din at email@example.com or send your resume/CV directly to